The Gateway Center for Giving provides issue-based programming catalyzed by contemporary issues that impact or are relevant to the philanthropic community. Topical programs are intended to educate grantmakers about current issues that arise in the St. Louis Community, share benchmarked information and research, and explore opportunities to align resources and strategically think about the designated program topic.
Participants learn from expert guest speakers, engage in robust discussion, foster the exchange of information, and share best practices materials. This group is open to Full Members and Non-Member grantmakers.
Please contact us at the Gateway Center for Giving to learn more.
Recent Topical Programming:
- The "Benefit Chicago" Funder Collaborative: Mobilizing $100M for Impact Investing
Sex Trafficking in St. Louis & Beyond: Funder Strategies & Responses
- Featuring Linda Stephans of Graystone Consulting and Debra Schwartz of the MacArthur Foundation
Gun Violence Prevention: Funder Strategies
- Featuring Amanda Colegrove of the Coalition Against Trafficking and Exploitation (CATE), Kathy Doellefeld-Clancy of the Roblee Foundation, and Rhonda Brewer of Maritz Travel
- Featuring Nina Vinik of the Joyce Foundation
- Trends in LGBTQ Philanthropy
- Featuring AJ Bockelman, formerly with PROMO, Deborah Patterson of Monsanto & Ryan Barker of the Missouri Foundation for Health
- Ending Homelessness: A Look at the Regional Landscape & Best Practices
- Featuring Iain De Jong of OrgCode Consulting
- Ready by 21 Update
- Featuring Katie Kaufmann of Ready by 21 St. Louis, United Way of Greater St. Louis
- Luncheon with Paul Shoemaker
- Featuring Paul Shoemaker, in partnership with Social Venture Partners/The Regional Business Council
- Funder Briefing: St. Louis' Response to Central American Children Seeking Refuge in the United States
- Featuring Bridget Flood of The Incarnate Word Foundation, Suzanne Lelaurin of the International Institute of St. Louis & Eddie Roth of the City of St. Louis